What is a hybrid piano?
Hybrid pianos are part digital piano, part acoustic piano. Hybrid pianos represent an exciting new option for piano buyers. The technology is still fairly new, but hybrid pianos give the best of both worlds when it comes to pianos and keyboards. To help you better understand this and why you might (or might not) want a hybrid piano, it would help to first define digital pianos and acoustic pianos:
1. Acoustic pianos in short are the traditional “wood and glue” instruments that have been around in some form for more than 300 years. They have heavy cast iron frames, strings, bridges, 9000 action parts, a soundboard...and dont require electricity.
2. Digital pianos are the opposite. They have no strings, no heavy iron frame, a simplified key action, no soundboard and the sound is a computerized reproduction of an acoustic piano which you hear through speakers. They are lighter, don't go out of tune, offer headphone capabilities for privacy and yes, require electricity.
Hybrid Piano is a small piano cabinet containing physical piano action with sensors on the hammers that trigger a sampled piano sound through speakers instead of hitting strings and being amplified by a soundboard. Hybrid pianos have taken the effort to get the speaker wattage and placement right creating a beautiful sounding experience for the player. The piano sampling is nuanced and beautiful allowing each section of the piano to showcase the ideal sound in that range and to replicate the different ways a player may strike a key changing in volume and tone.
Why a hybrid piano is better
You are actually playing an acoustic pianos keys and action but now have:
- Volume Control-through speakers or headphones.
- Slim Profile- saving space.
- Very Little Maintenance - No tuning required or repairs to strings or soundboard. Regulation of action may be required occasionally (3-5 years).
- Very Little Sensitivity to Temperature and Humidity - No strings and soundboard mean that environment wont affect tuning. (The action could be affected causing sticky keys.)
- USB MIDI Connectivity-to-computer.
- USB Connectivity is a huge advantage if you want to do any recording. This gives the ability to edit with MIDI, allowing notes and rhythms to be changed, and then output to a high quality audio track from the keyboards line outs.
The only disadvantages of a Hybrid Piano are: price and weight.
The best hybrid pianos: Yamaha, Casio, Kawai
Currently, Casio, Yamaha and Kawai are the best hybrid pianos.
Hybrid Piano Yamaha
Yamaha Hybrid Pianos are the only non-acoustic instruments in the world that employ real acoustic actions, so every key is an extension of your art. These specially-designed piano actions allow for a more responsive playing experience than that of a digital piano, and replicate the touch and feel of an acoustic piano without the cost or maintenance.
Models with a hybrid piano Yamaha:
- Disklavier Pianos Disklavier technology allows you to record and play back all the subtle nuances of the sound and thus create a range of homemade entertainment.
- SILENT Piano™ Silent Piano models allow the pianist to 'turn off' the acoustic sound and play in superb digital reproduction through stereo headphones.
- TransAcoustic™ Acoustic Digital Synergy. A new generation piano you can play in various voices and volumes to suit your musical life.
- AvantGrand Everything you want from an acoustic. Everything you need in a digital.
- NU1Combining the traditions of an acoustic instrument with the innovation of digital technology. Featuring the same acoustic piano used in upright pianos, and a refined, compact design.
Hybrid Piano Casio
According to Casio for creating a hybrid piano, she brought all her knowledge of acoustic pianos together with Casio hardware to create a phenomenal product. This is Casio's first entry into hybrid grand pianos and a new direction for the company.
Casio CELVIANO Grand Hybrid is a true hybrid of a piano with a full grand piano, spruce full-length keys and a full piano mechanism, including weighted hammers, charms, bushes - everything that you expect to see in the game on a grand piano.
Models with a hybrid piano Casio:
- Casio GP-500BP.
- Casio GP-400BK.
- Casio GP-300BK.
Hybrid Piano Kawai
In the line of digital pianos Kawai won many awards and excellence around the world. The high quality of the musical instruments of Kawai led to the fact that they transferred their technologies to a new level with their Kawai hybrid pianos.
Models with a hybrid piano Kawai:
- Kawai hybrid digital piano NOVUS NV10.
- Kawai CA98 Hybrid Piano.
- Kawai CS11 Hybrid Piano.
- Kawai K-200 ATX-2 Hybrid Piano.
- Kawai K-300 ATX-2 Hybrid Piano.
Source: Virtual musical instruments
Date: 2017-12-09 | Views: 347